Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A year to remember

I have finally started my Heidi AYTR class. We got our first assignment last monday and this week we were to design a journal to start writing in. This is helpful since I need a way to keep track of stuff for the month. Poor UPS gal came today. I had just came back from the clinic as vaughn had his shots and was CRAAAABBBYYY!! I laid down to snuggle then ding dong. GRRR but I go to the door and see UPS through the window and I'm like YAY! My goodies are here. I ask who it is from ....tupperware! Damn! Uh thanks...she says oh you didnt order this?
I am actually a fake tupperware conultant and I won some free stuff for recruiting 2 new members. Yes, I am thankful but still bummed nonetheless. I just "sell?" tupperware so my pantry is all pimped out and organized. It is a sickness but man it looks good. Maybe someday I will do a LO about my Marthaness.lol. I found this cool leather journal at winners and added some paint and stuff and I love it.This is the outside cover. I was on Jessi blog and she answered a little tid bit from Cheryl's blog. Since it fit so well with the stuff Heidi asked us to think about, i thought I would also post my answers to it too. I challenge all of those wanting to make this year a year to remember to answer this stuff and think about how you want this year to look like and as Gwen says...Whatcha waitin, whatcha waitin for?
What did you do in 2006 that you have never done before?
Allow myself to become financially independant on someone else...didn't like that feeling much!
Did anyone close to you have a baby?
yes, candice and I had to have a baby a week apart. that was sort of fun but kinda hard to share maternity clothes, Bonnie had Coleman
Did anyone die?
Thankfully no one close to me died but some people did pass on my DH side who were elderly and it was actually for the best
What countries did you visit?
Cuba and it was amazing. I went to Guadalavecca beach and the sand was amazing!
What do you have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Confidence in myself again! I am going back to get my degree and head to law school. I don't know what I was waiting for because this girl I am now is the girl I always was, just lost her for a bit and I am glad she is back.
What from 2006 remains etched in your memory?
The selfish poor me thoughts I had at the prospect of having another boy (3) and then when I had Vaughn, I just loved him so much. When I read about others struggling with infertility and one girl who's baby died during delivery I want to smack myself silly. Glad I no longer am a raging ball of hormones and I am thankful for every little moment I get to spend with my 4 beautiful children!!
Did you suffer from any illness or injury?
I had difficulties from a cesarean and many infections followed. Again, felt sorry for myself. It is being followed up with another possible surgery this February and though I thought about being angry, it can always be worse.
Who would you like to celebrate from last year?
i want to celebrate Andreanne tremblay, our exchange student who left home in Quebec for the first time and spoke mostly french and little english. You are a brave girl!We miss you and can't wait to have you back this year. P.S. I am brushing up on my French too I promise!
Who appaled you or depressed you?
Myself. I allowed myself to sucuumb to a person that I didn't want to be. I did little to change the way things were and I bitched that it was so. For all of those who listened to my griping and never punched my lights out, gotta love ya:)
Where did your money go?
To a brand new home and all new furnishings. Not a total splurge- I did garage sale all the old stuff and made a whopping $3500 and then when we moved in there was a bit more left over so I had another sale and made $385.I am thrifty and just a note, I still had some furniture from college okay?
What really excited you?
A lot! A new start, a new baby, a new home, meeting Andreanne but it was a rollercoaster being all preggers
Compared to this time last year were you happier/sadder, fatter/thinner, richer/poorer?
hmmm. How do I answer this? Okay, i will be honest. I was happier, thinner and richer last year than I am now. But I am on my way to happier, thinner and once I am out of school- not richer as that isn't important to me, but self sufficient, money makes life easier sometimes but it definitely doesn't make you happy.
Favorite t.v. show?
With the prospect of moving into the new house, I always watched channel 25. Does that count? It is all design inc. trading spaces and I ate it all up so my new place would be out of the pages of Style magazine.
Best book you read?
She, by Kobi yamada, thanks Heidi! I am telling you, this book takes all of 5 minutes to read but every girl, woman should own it! Every page I was like yeah! Here are a couple of my favorites that helped me to point this year in the right direction
She decided to enjoy more and endure less...celebrate her choices
she woke up one day and threw away all her excuses...celebrate her accountability
she discovered that she was the one she had been waiting for...celebrate her self reliance
I know- don't you just love those words?!!! They inspire me
Someone or something you miss?
Zoe, tear I miss ya girl, Cerys and Candice and Connie. All my best girls have moved and live far away. WAAAAAAA!
What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 32. I celebrated, secretly pregnant, at Yuk Yuk's. It was so fun. People were wondering why I didn't have a kokanee or two. Didn't tell my extended family I was pregnant until 5 months when I started to show
What kept you sane?
one person. You know who you are so need for me to say so. It is nice to have that one friend who hears you piss and moan, lets you know when you are being a total shit, and loves you anyway.Thanks! I don't know if I would have made it without ya and I wish we were able to be closer but I have been known to do crazy stuff. wink!
What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Well, this may be a lofty goal but if I can pull it off, I am going to complete my 3rd year for my degree and put a good dent in my 4th year classes. I am fast tracking law school which shaves off a year or more but I am a nerd! Loved school, dean's honour roll kinda nerd
If you could do one thing in 2007 and not suffer repercussions from anyone or anything what would it be?
Well, I have already chosen some lofty changes for 2007. One major one I know will have a backlash that will ripple for some time. I am going to really start being honest with myself and others too. Not in such a way to hurt anyone but I read that the sad thing about people who don't like how their life is going, is that they don't do anything to change it. I don't want to wake up one day thinking what if and wow did I waste parts of my life that I could have spent time living. Okay enough seriousness. Others, are less obvious but if money weren't an issue:
i would travel to my top 3 places on my list: Paris, Scotland and Italy. I would suck up the ambience of every place and if it were a reality that was possible I would take all my kids along too.

Herre is some yay me stuff: I have an appointment tomorrow for GRANT application for school. Also an appointment for Friday to register for my first semester of College that will start my degree program. I am so excited to have given myself a second chance on my dreams. When done I hope to serve persons with disabilities from a legal aspect so I can combine my rehab services education in with law in such a way that I make a positive impact on those in our community who usually wound up left with no advocates.
Okay, blogger diarrea again. You people arelucky you don't meet me in real life cuz I talk LoTTTTTTT! See ya on your blogs! Any AYTR girls, please leave an addresse for your blogs

6 comments:

Lynn said...

This is awesome! Great journal, it is gorgeous! Love reading more about you! Have a great day!

Lynn

jessi said...

good luck tannis with your endeavors for 2007...it will definitely be a year to remember!!! journal looks awesome!!

TammyBrownlee said...

love the journal girl!!!

Best of luck in 2007....i just love your Marthaness!!

Stacy said...

great goals i will kick in the rear when you need it k lol!!!!

Karla said...

I am loving you...I just love ya girl!!!!! You are growing as an artist befor our eyes! This journal is AMAZING! Keep it up and totally keep us posted Kay?

Later honey -Karla

Kimberly White said...

okay where to begin ... those journal pics are gorgeous and thanks for sharing your life in such an honest and eloquent way ... happy to be your friend and so excited for your future! You go girl!